Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Beginnings

Hello blog readers!

     I have never blogged before, but am going to give it a whirl! Blogging seems like it will be a good and convenient way to stay in touch over the summer and for the next few years of college. Forgive me if my posts are few and far between, but the rest of my senior year is pretty full! I will try to be a more faithful blogger over the summer and as I begin the college chapter of life.
     It will be a busy next month and a half - the final months of high school- ever! It is a very strange feeling! This Saturday the Baldwin Christian High School will be holding their annual pancake breakfast, which is always a good time and a good fundraiser. At the end of this month, BCS will be having the spring concert and the senior class will be presenting their thesis papers and defending them in front of a panel of judges, a scary but good experience! Every weekend in May is full with our high school protocol outing, our performance of The Mouse That Roared, graduation, recital, Brat Fest, and graduations parties rounding out the month. It will all go so fast, I'm not sure if I am ready!
     As to the title of this blog, and it's significance, really it is pretty random. I was trying to think of a good title for this blog that was alliterated and sounded interesting, feminine, and vintage-y. "Peaches" was put in there because that is one of my color obsessions right now. I am not a huge fan of peaches the fruit, but I am a fan of peach the color, it is somewhat vintage-y and very feminine. I couldn't have "peach" singular, so I had to go for "peaches plural", whatever works! "Pearls" seemed like a decent choice for the next word because pearls are so classic, and "pearls" starts with a "P"! "Promises" is probably the most significant of the three words in the title. Promises are precious and need to be kept, who doesn't love a kept promise?! God never breaks His promises to us and that is one of the most reassuring things to think about, especially when your whole world will change next August like mine will!
     The title of this post, "Beginnings", seemed like an appropriate title for the first post of my blog, which I hope will interest some enough to read future posts! Another beginning, other than my blog, is spring! Spring has finally sprung in Wisconsin (I think)! Even though we had freezing rain last night and snow this morning and it is cool today (33.4 F), it was super warm yesterday (57.3 F) and there is hardly any snow now, so it is close enough!
Here is yesterday evening, storm clouds brewing!

Here is today!

I am so thankful for the warmer weather, and I think I speak for most everyone in Minnesota and Wisconsin when I say that! The changing of the seasons is one of the many beautiful things that God has orchestrated and the change from winter to spring is my favorite! One more quick beginning! We started up dance lessons again today at school and started to learn the Lindy Hop! We plan on learning the Lindy Hop, the Cha Cha, and maybe the Salsa this year! I highly recommend ballroom dancing, it is so much fun!
     I had better skedaddle for now, but I hope to keep writing soon! Thanks for reading!

"God thunders with His voice wondrously, doing great things which we cannot comprehend." Job 37:5 NASB

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you are finishing your senior year! Does not seem possible! Wish I could hear you all do your thesis presentations! Where do you plan to attend college next year? What major? Enjoy the next two months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Shaw! I cannot believe that I am finishing my senior year either! It is really, really weird! The thesis presentations should be good, there are some interesting topics! I am planning to attend Trinity this fall (which I will hopefully write about more in a later post:)) I am not sure what I want to major in yet, but that will come! I wish you could be here for our play and graduation and everything! Thank you for reading this!

    ReplyDelete